Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Game development = entertainment on hard mode

Ok, so I'm making zombie game, with zombies actually doing what zombies do... eat! I called it "Zombie Feast!!" and it looks like fun.  I still have some more work to do like getting zombies to accurately attack the nearest food source.  It's coming along well.  Almost all base components are finished and once it is, I can move on to more style components. And this is only for the first level.  geesh.  What does it take to get some development completed?

Game development is entertainment on hard mode.  Anyone can pick up a camera and shoot, sing lyrics, or create beats can it can be called a movie, singing or music, respectively, but you cannot do that with game design.  Unless you put certain aspects togerther well, it cannot be called a game.  Hell, you can create applications easier than a game.  I made a batch file that killed processes and deleted a folder.  That took me a month to learn and 5 mins to write.  A game takes WAAAY longer even if you know what to do(and most don't).  It's a heavy undertaking and one that I wish people who stop taking lightly.  Well, anyway, back to work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment